Our scholars receive partial scholarships to attend participating private high schools that offer a true college prep experience. Families are responsible for expenses that are not covered by our program or partner schools.
- Student is entering the 9th grade and has been accepted at a participating private high school
- Student maintains a GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Student must have recommendations from their current teachers and administrative staff
- Student must go through an interview process
- Student must write an essay as to why they should be considered for our program
- Student must plan to attend college
- Student agrees to meet with Focus on Excellence staff on a monthly basis to make sure they stay on track
- Parents must meet certain financial requirements to prove need
- Parents must complete a financial statement and provide tax returns
- Parents understand our program offers HELP, not a free ride!